The FHS Band Boosters is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting our Marching Band and Color Guard. They coordinate all the volunteers and needs for all the different events throughout the year. They do fundraising activities to financially support the band with things like the fall show, competition fees, props, costumes for the show, uniforms and other band needs. There is a board of 7 members. Voting for board members and officers happens each spring. Board members are elected for a period of 2 years and can serve consecutive terms. All parents are encouraged to participate, attend booster meetings and to be involved as much as possible. Booster T-shirts are available for $15. They should be worn if you are assisting the band on the field for any reason but can also be worn at any time to show your support.
Band Boosters Notes:
- Booster Meetings are the 1st Thursday of each month during the school year at 6:30 pm in the band room. You will always walk away with information your kids forgot to tell you or you may even be the 1st to find out information on what’s to come. Everyone is welcome!
- Booster Volunteer—there are many opportunities throughout the band season to volunteer in various ways. The Band Boosters use SignUp.com to organize all the volunteers and needs for each event. The link to sign up will be sent by email shortly before each event. Feel free to sign up for as much as you like. The band would love any help they can get. Some of the help that is needed through the marching season include checking in/out uniforms, distributing and collecting plumes, pulling the trailer to competitions, feeding the band/color guard, hauling props, bus and bleacher chaperones, and making donations of food.
Notes for Volunteers
- When attending parades and field shows you will be walking and standing a lot, its best to have your supplies, snacks and personal items in a backpack and to wear comfortable shoes. If you are unable to walk or stand for long periods there are many other ways you can help.
- Chaperones ride the bus with the band and sit with the band in the stands.
- Concession lines are generally long and pricey so it’s cheaper and faster to bring your own lunch to competitions.
- Spectator parking will separate from where the band parks, it is helpful to have the phone numbers of other boosters so you can find the band after you park
- Invest in a good bleacher seat. You will be sitting in the stands a lot over these next four years. Your tush will thank you!
Trinkets and Treasures
- This is held the first weekend in November. Booth space is available for rent to any business or crafter. The Band Boosters also provide a bake sale and concessions. As you can imagine, there are many ways to volunteer to help this be a success. Donations of food, money or time are all accepted. Once again, SignUp.com will be used to coordinate these efforts. This is the Boosters biggest fundraiser.
Parent Involvement = A Successful Band Program
Year Round Fund Raising Opportunities
It’s EASY to help the FHS Marching Band Raise Money!
“Year Round Fundraising Opportunities that won’t cost you a thing!”
What are Band Bucks? Band Bucks (also called SCRIP) is a gift certificate. It is accepted the same as cash so it should be secured just as you would secure your cash. Parents can purchase band bucks from the band and color guard to be used at any participating FRED MEYER.
How are Band Bucks accepted in the stores? They are accepted the same as cash with the exception that 95% of the amount of the certificate must go towards store purchases,
How does the FHS Band earn money through the program? The Ferndale Band & Color Guard will have to purchase minimum amounts of certificates from Fred Meyer at a 5% discount and will then resell them at face value. For example, when you purchase a $50 card, the band will have paid $47.50 for it, therefore earning 5% for the band.
How can this help the Ferndale Band & Color Guard students? Because the average family spends about $300 per month on groceries, if just the band families used band bucks for their monthly grocery purchases the program could generate approximately $17,000 a year. Of course this number could be much higher if your family, friends, co-workers or neighbors that shop at Fred Meyer also purchased Band Bucks.
Purchasing your Band Bucks is just a phone call or email away.
Email – email@example.com
Please remember that these are treated like cash and can not be replaced if lost or stolen.
Fred Meyer Community Rewards
You can help the Ferndale Band Boosters earn donations just by shopping with your Fred Meyer Rewards Card!
Fred Meyer is donating $2.5 million per year to non-profits in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, based on where their customers tell them to give. Here’s how the program works:
- Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to (non-profit) at http://www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards.
- You can search for us by our name or by our non-profit number 89000. Then, every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping The Ferndale Band earn a donation!
- You still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do
- If you do not have a Rewards Card, they are available at the Customer Service desk of any Fred Meyer store.
- For more information, please visit www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards.
Amazon’s Smile Program
Are you familiar with the Amazon’s Smile program? Through this program you can choose a charity and Amazon will donate a portion of your purchases to tha
t charity. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to t
he charitable organization of your choice.
- Please click on the link below and start ordering your purchases.
- When you get to the amazon page, select Ferndale Band Boosters and pick the one listed in Ferndale WA as there is several under that name.
- Thank you for your support. http://smile.amazon.com